BALLISTIC AND BLAST RATED GUARD HOUSES
Much of our portfolio concentrates on protection of entrances to high security areas using blockers, barriers, bollards and gates designed and built to resist hostile attack by vehicle. It is a natural progression now to add manned guard huts where the gate operator is protected against bullets and bombs. It is probable that in the near future, there will be international standards for these buildings, but until then, we are pleased to offer this special range with test criteria shown on the data sheet.
The modern, practical solution for bullet- proof guarding facilities that is both portable and permanent, and practicable and user - friendly. Bullet- Proof guard huts can be used anywhere. They do not require extensive foundations and have been proven in the market for over 10 years. Guard huts are recommended for entrances to high security area, especially where certificated vehicle barriers are in use. Typical uses are at border and customs posts, cash centres, embassies, ministries, airports, ports, nuclear sites, military, sports stadia and utilities.
Guard huts are purpose made so can be constructed to suit the limitations of the entrance areas or to accommodate the required number of guards. They can be static or portable (road tow) versions. It is recommended that, if possible, the width be restricted to 2.2m and the length as long as required, as the units can then be transported on either standard trailer or container. Guard huts over 2.2m can be supplied, but have to be joined and installed under the supervision of the factory engineers.
Guard huts manufactured from special steel and ballistic rated glass, dimensions and type to suit the users’ requirements. Windows with special fittings to ensure it is impossible for the glass to deform. Doors with heavy duty hinges and lockable facility internally. Transfer trays and rifle slots also available with self-closing device in the event of blast.
All steel surfaces are galvanised prior to high specification stoved paint finish colour to suit clients’ requirements. Further customisation to the external appearance to suit client, architect or planning demands is available.
Doors and windows can be positioned wherever required. Connection to mains water and electrics usually via below ground ducts. Guard huts can be fitted with air conditioning, heating and cooling systems. Located on the roof or at ground level. We also offer work tops, toilets, wash room facilities, lighting, tables, desks, kitchen areas.
Guard huts installation requires a suitable flat concrete raft, with entry points for electric, clean and foul water, otherwise due to the weight, no ground fixings necessary.
CERTIFICATION AND TESTS:
Guard huts have been rigorously tested primarily against ballistic standards, but also against blast. Products are tested under both laboratory conditions and live firing demonstrations. All of the steel and glass used in the manufacture of bullet proof products is tested in NATO registered and approved laboratories to ensure that the materials comply with, or exceed, the requirements of the US National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Standard 0108.04 Ballistic Resistant Protective Materials. The standard specifies the testing methods and outcomes for a range of ammunition types, the highest being Level IV which demands resistance from 30 cal. (7,62x51) rounds and which is the minimum performance achieved by our product range. Live firing demonstrations are also carried out for potential customers either at our factory or at the clients’ facility, where the products are exposed to extreme testing. A range of calibres of ammunition up to .50 cal. (12.7x99 NATO) machine gun rounds are fired at the products. As an example, the biggest test to date involved the firing of over 120 rounds at a 2-man focus sentry box without achieving a single penetration of either the steel or glass. Documentation is available to potential clients. All products comply with the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) ballistic standard Level IV or higher (NATO NCAGE CODE: G1954), NSN: 5410-23-1144173.
- ROADBLOCKER “HT VIPER” SHALLOW MOUNTED IMPACT TESTED AND “HT1 MINI VIPER”
- ROADBLOCKER CAR PARK AND VEHICLE MANAGEMENT
- ROADBLOCKER SECURITY IMPACT TESTED
- SHALLOW MOUNTED “HT RAPTOR” VEHICLE BARRIER
- Rising Spike Barrier
- SHALLOW MOUNTED BOLLARD
- IMPACT TESTED SURFACE MOUNTED MATADOR BOLLARDS
- POWERED RISING BOLLARDS – TRAFFIC CONTROL
- Telescopic impact rated bollard
- IMPACT RATED LOWERING BOLLARDS
- FIFOSS (fence Integrated fibre optic sensors system) “ZABOR”
- FENCE ENHANCEMENT SYSTEM TO VEHICLE IMPACT RATINGS
- FENCING HIGH SECURITY
- MEDIUM SECURITY FENCE
- RAZOR WIRE BARBED TAPE CONCERTINA (BTC) AND FLAT WRAP
- HINGED GATES MANUAL AND POWERED
- HINGED GATES IMPACT TESTED - MANUAL AND POWERED
- SLIDING GATES
- SLIDING GATES IMPACT TESTED POWERED
- FOLDING GATES FAST ACTING
- FOLDING GATES IMPACT RATED
- SPECIAL GATES FOR SPECIAL PURPOSES
- FULL HEIGHT EXTERNAL TURNSTILE
- HINGED PASSGATES & AIRPORT SELF BOARDING GATES
- LOW LEVEL PASSGATES
- LOW LEVEL TURNSTILES
- SINGLE ENTRY PEDESTRIAN PORTAL
- TICKET TERMINALS
- POWERED LIFTING ARM BARRIERS – IMPACT RATED
- BALLISTIC AND BLAST RATED GUARD HOUSES
- UNDER VEHICLE SCANNERS
- MAIL SCANNERS
- POWERED LIFTING ARM BARRIERS – STANDARD AND HEAVY DUTY
- PARKING AND TICKETING SYSTEMS
- COVERT ALARMED PERIMETER SYSTEM (BURIED) USING FIBRE OPTIC TECHNOLOGY
- BLAST AND BULLET RESISTANT DOORS, WINDOWS, WALLING AND COUNTER SCREENS